The Indian American Forum for Political Education (IAFPE) known as the FORUM, is the oldest and largest Indian American organization for political education in the country and is nationally recognized for its outstanding work in political empowerment process for the two-million strong community.
The Forum, established in 1982, has 22 State Chapters across the nation. It is a dynamic and growing organization that has helped educate the Indian American community to participate as full partners in American democracy.
Empower Indian Americans politically by raising civic consciousness and increasing participation in community affairs and the mainstream political process.
- To function as a catalyst in development of civic consciousness and the promotion of political awareness among all individuals of Asian Indian origin.
- To provide opportunities for learning through seminars, symposia and workshops on civic, economic, business and political issues, including Indo-US relations.
- To monitor current legislative and regulatory developments affecting the lives of the individuals of Asian Indian origin in the United States of America.
- To facilitate the informal exchanges of ideas between Forum Members and political leaders, including public officials, and to develop an atmosphere of mutual understanding through such exchanges of ideas.
- To promote voter registration among Indian American citizens and encourage them to study the major issues involved in political campaigns in order to exercise their civic responsibilities.
- To educate Forum members to recognize their individual social responsibilities to wards the society by involving themselves in community and public affairs.
Sonali Lappin, President
Kumkum Mathur Dilwali, Treasurer, 617-438-5635, email@example.com
Prady Tewarie, Member-at-large, 781-561-5378, firstname.lastname@example.org
Raminder Luther, Member-at-large, 781-698-8874, email@example.com
Shruthi Tewarie, Associate Secretary, 781-308-3723, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanjay Kudrimoti, Member-at-large, 407-342-3697, email@example.com
Monie Malhotra, Member-at-large, 508-944-8686, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are grateful and honored by the support of our Advisory Board of Trustees and Past Presidents!
Board of Trustees
Ramesh Advani, Board of Trustees Chair
Sonali Lappin, Executive Committee President
Dr. Melvyn Menezes
Dr. Janine Saldanha
Dr. Sahdev Passey
Neena Kedia Mohanka
Dr. Melvyn Menezes
Dr. Vanita Shastri